Monday, November 2, 2009

Thank you J!

Hi!

This blog is barely a week old but it's been something I've been thinking about for a long time. Putting myself 'out there' as an artist has also been a very big step!

I have this friend. J. We were best buddies! BFF's in primary school- North Ridge Lyceum- but when we finished, life got in the way and we drifted apart. Thanks to facebook, we've been able to reconnect and it's been wonderful. J was a fabulous designer in Accra too and she also left to start life all over again when she got married. She's been giving me some very sound advice lately because she has walked the same path that I am and I'm so grateful!

The reason why I'm posting this here is because the issue of motherhood came up and it got me thinking. In my dreams I would love to be a stay at home mom and paint for a living. In my dreams....

Although fashion is what I know best, art affects me on a whole different level. I've told many a friend including my honey (my best friend!) that if I had the guts, I would leave everything and just be an artist, but alas! I don't have the guts, at least not yet.

So this blog,and putting my art out there is kind of a testing ground to see if I have what it takes, and who knows?

Just wanted to let you know.

Thank you so much J.

1 comment:

  1. I pray you never get the guts, not now at least, I pray you find a way of doing both LOL! The fashion world needs you and we are waiting...PATIENTLY.

    ReplyDelete