Sunday, November 8, 2009

Work in progress.....

Did I mention that I started blogging when I was sick in bed with the flu? Well, yes, that's the power of forced idleness and the beauty of 'the world at your fingertips!'.

I'm well now, I've been well for a week! And back to school 5 days a weeks, so I haven't posted anything much. But I won't give up!

I mentioned that I had a few paintings in the works, honestly, none of them are done and I only like one of them, so, this is my work in progress, I hope to add some more before the end of the weekend.

I'm focusing on painting African women for starters and I hope to diversify as I go along. It's very tempting to paint only the perfect hourglass figure and that is probably why this is the only one I approve of for now. As I mentioned, it's not done, but this is the silhouette of a dress I've seen worn by Senegalese women.



I realise the image is quite dark, which is a good thing since it's not done, I'll make sure the finished painting is much brighter.


Hmm, just as I was writing, I decided to google 'Sengalese fashion/dresses' and oh boy, I have my work cut out for me! Big time! So much inspiration! I was able to copy one picture.



But you can have a look at this page out on flickr here.

No comments:

Post a Comment